Saturday, April 09, 2011

April 9th - Love Hotel Hill (Shibuya)

Queen of Clubs - Love Hotel Hill (Shibuya)
15 - Acrostic


Love Hotel Hill

"Gaijin Not Allowed"
Every place has this sign it seems
Translated in English and German from Japanese
Yet I'm Here

On the corner, a trembling line of men will grow
Until the club opens at noon
"Really?" I ask - but then, I'm here

Doogenzaka snakes and spreads
Into a Shinto Shrine; through the torii,
Cleanse at the choozuya, and I
Kneel at the feet of some stone dog, then back down again to
Winding streets, past sour-faced madams

Exiting, I follow a businessman
Toward Shibuya 109

-

In an attempt to be less obtuse:

Doogenzaka
Gaijin
Torii
Choozuya
Shibuya 109

Another poem coming here tomorrow (with luck)...
In the meantime, check out April 9th's poem from last year.

No comments: