Wednesday, April 07, 2010

April 7th - WILD CARD

Joker - WILD CARD

Whaaaat?

When I draw a WILD CARD things are done in a slightly different fashion. I have a few less orthodox forms up my sleeve. So I won't have to roll a dice today. Instead I'll draw another card:

Ten of Hearts- Afterglow

So now I have to find, revise, and post an old poem of mine that has something to do with afterglow.

Conveniently enough, I recently wrote a poem about afterglow (in all it's definitions), that at this point in it's life really doesn't need much revising.

Cop-out or artistic licence? You decide.


when you jump on a trampoline you take your boots off

c igarettes     don't   taste  as good as they say
i n a 1991 Ford Taurus                       
p arked on      someone else's property
h eat turned up as    high   as it can go but
e ven that won't make our breaths invisible or
r ouse your feet: frigid and covered in the hay

a t which           we pick
n aked   telling  each other
d ead baby   jokes
.
.
.



No comments: