Friday, April 30, 2010

April 30th - The Sea

Seven of Clubs - The Sea
20 - Any form of my choosing...which will be...Shakespearean Sonnet (3)


Undine's Curse (Sex Ruins Everything)



Immortal beauty bathing in a stream
Her termless back and incandescent thigh
Ensnared I christened her my own Undine
Our fevered shapes combined we lay and I
Swore faithfulness with ev'ry waking breath
Unbridled we made rage in meadowed place
And after resting softly 'gainst my breast
Came subtle signs of age upon her face
Swift did I run from my rejected vow
On plaintive feet, atop shivering horses
Then setting sail have I found myself now
Reflecting gravely on our sep'rate curses:
   Here I stand storm-tossed on the sleepless Sea
    The day your beauty fades will you be free?

1 comment:

KA said...

(Couplet)
The answer is, Dear Boy, when Beauty fades
She will, as like as not, be plung'd to Hades!