Sunday, April 05, 2015

April 5th - Killing Two Birds With One Stone

Six of Diamonds - Killing Two Birds With One Stone

I hold the distinction of having been the worst-ever staff writer for the great My Entertainment World (one article!). Now, I am happy to fiiinally an active contributor. Poke around the site (it's awards season!) and then check out a preview of my latest record review (in the style of 10th century Japanese Chooka) below:


Kendrick Lamar
To Pimp a Butterfly

History reigns on
Kendrick Lamar's Butterfly...
With samples ranging
From George Clinton to Tupac
Disco to dubstep
Over innovative beats
Lamar detonates
On this most angry, playful 
And truthful release
In my recent memory
Lyrically dense
Beautiful and maddening
Even danceable
To Pimp a Butterfly is
Perhaps unequaled

Is it too early to crown
The best album of the year?






No comments: