Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April 26th - Sudden Enlightenment

Ace of Spades - Sudden Enlightenment
4 - Ruba'i


Fill My Cup To Overflow

My body like an empty bowl
I tug upon your camisole
And tongue across your salty sweet
Then pause for you to seize control

With legs enwreathed and twisted feet
Gateless in the rising heat
Giving way to muffled cries
We savor and suffer beat by beat

No Zazen brings me to these highs
Zealously we claim our prize
You strike at me for keenness sake
I see colors when I close my eyes

And the whole living univerese shakes
A thunderclap, a tree branch breaks
While here a subtle shift of weight
Prepares me finally to wake

With palms upon your tender pate
Two entities at last conflate
Take in a single inward breath
And quaking die a tiny death
Omnipresent yelling "God is Great!"


Check for a new poem here tomorrow...
In the meantime, check out April 26th's poem from last year.

No comments: