Monday, April 01, 2013

April 1st - The Power of Red Lipstick

Five of Clubs - The Power of Red Lipstick

Edward at Sixteen

Two course lumps of flesh become
One ring of crimson light
Lips
My lips (their reflection)
Quiver with me
In unsteady shoes on my mother's carpet
In this moment, at anytime broken
By front door creaking
Or car pulling in the drive,
This fragile moment in Angora wool
That dissolves my body
That negates my name

-

The Edward in this poem is inspired by the irreplaceable Ed Wood. For more on Ed Wood's proclivities, check out his opus Glen or Glenda. Actually don't do that. It is the worst movie ever made. Even this six-minute highlight reel is unwatchable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaDIMqclxJ4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that one!
Here is your present:


There was a young man made of money
Who thought it elaborately funny
To sit on his own
When his parents weren't home
And smear himself silly with honey